About this Course
RAM offers the TAESS00011 Assessor Skill Set, as a course designed to provide VET practitioners with the assessor competencies to meet the requirements for RTOs. This course is suited for those looking to work as an assessor within Registered Training Organisations (RTOs), TAFEs and private training organisations.
The Standards for RTOs 2015 allow those who possess the TAESS00011 Assessor Skill set.
- Develop competencies that enable you to contribute to the assessment process, plan and organise assessment activities and processes including Recognition of Prior Learning.
- Assess the competence of candidates.
- Participate in assessment validation processes.
The TAESS00011 Skill Set is delivered as a 2-day Face to Face, or Live Virtual Online course, with some pre and post course work. The post-course work includes answering some short answer questions, 2 validation activities and 2 assessment tools to complete. You will need access to a computer that has Microsoft Word, Adobe Reader, and the internet.
It is also possible, to complete the TAESS00011 Skill Set by Distance Learning. In order to complete the practical assessment requirements though, you must;
- Have access to 5 people in a group or as individuals to assess
- Have access to a suitable venue/workplace in which to conduct assessments
- Have access to personnel with whom to conduct trial and review of assessment and with whom to conduct assessment validation (this task can be directly observed by a TAE qualified observer or video recorded).
- You must also have access to a TAE qualified observer (who is currently compliant as a Trainer and Assessor, holding as minimum qualifications the TAE40110, TAELLN411 and TAEASS502 (or equivalent units)), who can observe you conducting the assessments.
In addition to the classroom component, you will have the following tools to assist you with completion:
- email and phone support from a dedicated trainer
- recorded tutorials to guide you through the assessments
- private Facebook group for TAE students for additional support
2-day Face to Face Workshop
Standard fee: $900. No-interest ever payment plans from $33.72 per fortnight.*
Pay upfront: $745. Credit card or internet banking.
2-day Virtual Online Workshop
Standard fee: $850. No-interest ever payment plans available.*
Pay upfront: $695. Credit card or internet banking.
Standard fee: $700. No-interest ever payment plans available.*
Pay upfront: $595. Credit card or internet banking.
*Humm no interest ever payment plans require a 20% non-refundable deposit upon enrolment.
Note: all pricing is in Australian dollars.
Please note that deposits are non-refundable, and once the course is paid in full, no refund will be given for cancellations unless 5 business days’ notice is given (less a 20% administration fee). Should we need to postpone a course for any reason, every effort will be made to reschedule the course within the following two months. If however, this is not possible, or the rescheduled dates do not suit, participants will be entitled to a full refund.
Once payment has been made on a distance learning course, and study materials have been issued, no refunds will be available.
Units of Competency
Once you have successfully completed this Skill Set, you will receive a statement of attainment for the below units. Your statement of attainment can also be used to provide credit towards the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, should you wish to do so in the future.
TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
TAEASS402 Assess competence
TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
Why Study with RAM
At RAM Training Services, we pride ourselves on providing quality training, by highly experienced, qualified and passionate trainers. Your trainer will keep you engaged, while guiding you through your assessment tasks. Our student administration team will go above and beyond to provide you with outstanding customer service and support, alongside your trainer.
We also provide you with additional tools and resources, to assist you with your home studies, including:
- recorded webinars and tutorials that guide you through each of your assessment tasks
- a private Facebook group for our past and present TAE students, where you can ask questions and get assistance
- email, phone, and face to face support
- fortnightly live Q&A Webinars, where you can ask questions on any area of your studies that you might be struggling with
How long will it take me to complete the Assessor Skill Set?
Everyone is different. It will depend on what other commitments you have, eg work/study/family, your training experience, and your discipline with home studies. There is a small amount of pre-course work to do, prior to attending the classroom component, as well as some post-course work. You have up to 12 months to complete and submit your assessments, however, given the Skill Set is only 4 units of competency, most will finish in a much quicker timeframe.
What resources will I need in order to complete this course?
You will need a computer at home, with access to Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader, the internet, and ideally a printer.
Do you give deadline extensions?
The Assessor Skill Set is only 4 units of competency, so you shouldn’t need an extension to the 12 months allocated – however, there are occasions where a student’s personal circumstances may cause them unavoidable delays. Due to updates to our assessment materials, as well as to training packages in general, we can only offer extensions of 1 month at a time. Please note, there is no guarantee that we will be able to offer an extension, however we are more than happy to do so, if able to.
The first extension is free of charge. Any further extensions requested, will incur a re-enrolment fee of between $395 and $595, dependent on whether a whole new set of course materials are required to be printed for you. In some instances, this may mean that you will need to re-do parts, or all, of your assessment tasks, using the new materials.