Answers to Questions About the TAE40116 UpgradeTweet
People who are holders of the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment have some questions about the new edition of the course. Is it different from the previous TAE? If so, how different? Can they still qualify for jobs as trainers and assessors with the TAE40110 today? Is the upgrade truly necessary? All these and more will be answered in this article.
On April 6th 2016, Australia’s official Government Training website formally released the TAE40116 Certificate 4 in Training and Assessment, the latest course to supersede the TAE40110. It was set for release the year prior as TAE40115 but got delayed due to discussions in finalising and accepting the changes for the course.
Am I still qualified for a training or assessment job if I only have the TAE40110?
Take note that even with the new upgrade, the TAE40110 is still the national standard qualification for vocational assessors and business trainers. Any certificate holder of the previous Certificate IV is still able and qualified to work in Australian RTOs (registered training organisations) and TAFEs (technical and further education) institutions. But only until the end of March 2019. As of April 2019, all TAE40110 holders will be required to upgrade to the new certificate if they wish to continue in a training and assessment position.
How is the new upgraded course different from the previous one?
The upgrade acknowledges a TAE40110 holder’s work experience and current qualifications and, at the same time, provides gap training for new units and proficiencies.
While the qualifications have their similarities, like having a minimum requirement of 10 units of Competency, they also have their differences.
- TAE40110 requires the completion of at least three (3) elective units as well as seven (7) core units, while the upgraded course needs at least one (1) elective unit and nine (9) core units. The two (2) additional core units are TAELLN411: Address Adult Language, Literacy, and Numeracy Skills and TAEASS502: Design and Develop Assessment Tools.
- The unit TAEASS401 superseded unit TAEASS401B: Plan Assessment Activities and Processes. Another new unit TAEASS403 superseded unit TAEASS403B: Participate in Assessment Validation. These units are not equivalent to their previous counterparts because of the current units’ increased assessment prerequisites. These units will require gap training.
Despite these modifications, the other TAE40110 units not mentioned are still considered equivalent to the units that superseded them.
What are the new course units?
The upgraded course TAE40116 has a total of 10 course units, with one (1) elective unit and nine (9) core units.
TAEDEL301: Provide Work Skill Instruction
TAEDEL403: Coordinate and Facilitate Distance-Based Learning
TAEDEL404: Mentor in The Workplace
TAEDEL501: Facilitate E-Learning
TAELLN412: Access Resources and Support to Address Foundation Skills
TAELLN413: Integrate Foundation Skills into Vocational Training Delivery
TAEASS301: Contribute to Assessment
TAETAS401: Maintain Training and Assessment Information
BSBAUD402: Participate in A Quality Audit
BSBCMM401: Make A Presentation
BSBLED401: Develop Teams and Individuals
BSBMKG413: Promote Products and Services
BSBREL402: Build Client Relationships and Business Networks
BSBRES401: Analyse and Present Research Information
TAEDEL401: Plan, Organise, and Deliver Group-Based Learning
TAEDEL402: Plan, Organise, and Facilitate Learning in the Workplace
TAEDES401: Design and Develop Learning Programs
TAEDES402: Use Training Packages and Accredited Courses to Meet Client Needs
TAELLN411: Address Adult Language, Literacy, and Numeracy Skills
TAEASS401: Plan Assessment Activities and Processes
TAEASS402: Assess Competence
TAEASS403: Participate in Assessment Validation
TAEASS502: Design and Develop Assessment Tools
How do I enrol in the course to get the new units?
In order to acquire the new units, one must fulfil the new entry prerequisites.
- Secure an official copy of the Statement of Attainment or the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification.
- Supply proof of one’s recent work experience that’s related to training and assessment.
- Take on gap training for the updated course units.
Should you be interested in upgrading your TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification by enrolling in the new TAE40116, you will find a number of suitable online and in-class learning organisations that can help you attain the certificate. By completing the new course, more opportunities for vocational training and education jobs await you. Enrol now!