The Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety (BSB41415) course is designed specifically to teach participants to comply with Work Health & Safety legislation, identify & control risks & hazards, and apply solutions to Work Health & Safety issues. It is suitable for people working in a WHS role with or without supervision. They may provide leadership and guidance to others and have some limited responsibility for the output of others. This may include coordinators, advisors and facilitators.
RAM Training Services, as agents for Mountain View Training (RTO #32392), run this course using 2 methods: Distance Learning (in which you have 12 months to complete the course from home at your own pace, with access to our trainers via phone or email), or a blended delivery method made up of Distance Learning and 3 x half-day face to face sessions (usually one on one, booked in at a time most suitable for you).
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) also available!
No courses currently available.
- Looking to be employed as an Work Health & Safety Officer in a full time dedicated role
- Wishing to train Work Health & Safety
- Wanting to gain understanding of Work Health & Safety issues
- In positions such as supervisor safety officers, representatives and safety committee members
For the more Intensive Delivery method, you will be required to bring a wireless enabled laptop to class (please let us know if this isn’t going to be possible ahead of time and we may be able to arrange this for you).
If you have relevant workplace experience, or have completed some of the units as part of another qualification that you have done, you may qualify for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), which will reduce the amount of work you have to complete, and possibly the price.
This course covers 5 core units and 5 electives, as follows:
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
- BSBCMM401A Make a presentation
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
- PUAWER002B Ensure workplace emergency prevention procedures, systems and processes are implemented
- BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
From just $899 for distance learning study, or $1699 for the blended delivery method made up of distance learning and 3 x half-day face to face sessions.
Standard fee: $995. No-interest ever payment plans available from $36.91 per week.
Pay upfront: $899. Credit card or internet banking.
Standard fee: $1895. No-interest ever payment plans available from $33.90 per week.
Pay upfront: $1699. Credit card or internet banking.
Note: all pricing is in Australian Dollars.
There are no pre-requisites to complete this course, however we do recommend you have completed a Year 10 (or equivalent) level of English reading and writing, and have basic computer skills.